By Chris Hutton
And on to status update number 3. This time I’m going to attempt a little more brevity.
Last month I built up my content.
- I had:
- Drafted two new blogs posts
- Finished my science-fiction short story, Inflow
- Started and finished my horror story, Last Call.
- Started my horror story, In Memoriam
- Began releasing samples of my upcoming comic, Arcas
- I had also expanded my efforts in social media:
- Joining Hootsuite and Manageflitter for aspects of social media management
Since last month, I’ve completed a few new items:
- Drafted and posted 2 new blog posts:
- Completed and posted the remainder of my horror story, In Memoriam: Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7
- Posted In Memoriam to Scriggler
- Marketed Inflow, helping it rank at #5 in Scriggler’s October Story Chart
- Joined Crowdfire for additional social media management
- Integrated subscription features into my blog
So overall, I finished one story that I intended to finish, expanded my toolset for social media management, wrote two new blog posts, and expanded my presence on Scriggler. However, I failed to resume work on my spec script, did not finalize my partnership contract, and did not finish a second story (though In Memoriam was longer than usual) or a third blog post. As for the other items on which I intended to work…
…well let’s jump into that.
Metrics for my author’s platform:
- My official page had a moderate gain of 26 followers for an audience of 156
- My Arcas page held steady with a gain of one like for a total audience of 18 persons
- Gained 956 followers for a total audience of 1989 followers
- Gained 18 followers for an audience of 147
- Gained 12 followers for a total of 17
- My stories have received 5165 views on Scriggler, with three posts surpassing 1,000 views
- Has been visited by 393 unique users
- Has had 1,130 pageviews
I hit my goals with my twitter and Scriggler, but fell short on all other platforms. I’m still counting this as a win.
- Finished part one of an original science fiction short story, Ablation
- Am moving forward with my partnership contract
- Began pages on a 3rd graphic novel script
- Am pushing forward with Arcas promotion, releasing samples via my blog:
That being said, I generally met my goals for writing specific to my website, but have yet to resume work on some of my offline projects.
So let’s keep on rolling…
I’m going to continue my twitter focus and aim to grow the audience of my author’s platform, while pushing out new original content for my blog, and somehow finding time to continue work on my non-blog posted writing (so the same as last month’s goals).
In total, I aim to:
- Increase my twitter audience by at least 50%, but will push to double it
- Increase my Facebook and Instagram audiences by 25% each
- Increase my Scriggler audience by 50%
- Find ways to increase audience engagement on my blog
- Finish writing Ablation
- Draft at least two new short stories from scratch
- Write at least 2 new blog posts on writing
- Resume work on my next graphic novel script
- Continue my work on my 3rd graphic novel
- Resume work on my first horror novel
- Continue compiling my horror short stories into a potential collection
Despite not meeting all of my goals last month, I continue to feel ambitious
Happy Writing, All!